The kids are back in school. It’s almost time for the leaves to start wearing their brilliant new colors. The air will soon be crisp and cool. And darkness falls upon the landscape earlier and earlier with each passing day.
Autumn is a time of change. And as the seasons transition from one to the next, it’s the perfect time for us to make changes in our lives, too.
While nature doesn’t have to struggle to make changes, it does take a little effort on our part to create a better life. But it doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are just a few ways you can make your life better and more fulfilling.
1. Let go of the old to make room for the new. It’s time to remove all the clutter in your life…all the stuff, beliefs, fears, and even relationships that no longer serve you. This stuff clogs up your environment and your mind, and it blocks the flow of good things into your life. If there is no space for the good, the good can’t come in.
2. Meditate. If you don’t already have a meditation practice, now is the time to begin. Meditation has a multitude of benefits including reduced stress, lower blood pressure, greater focus, enhanced creativity, and the list goes on and on. Start with just five minutes a day, if that’s all you can do. If you’re not sure how to meditation, there are many resources on the Internet. Guided meditations, which you can easily find on YouTube, are perfect for beginners.
3. Find and live your purpose. Your purpose is not necessarily your job, but for most of us it is. If you are not doing what you are called here to do, what is stopping you? Life is too short to be working a job only for the paycheck. Sure, you have to pay the bills, but you might as well be paying them with money that is joyfully earned doing something you love.
4. Change the way you talk to yourself. We all have thoughts running around in our minds all the time. Are those conversations you have with yourself positive or negative? Do you constantly compare yourself with others? Do you put yourself down and analyze your flaws? Do you often make excuses to yourself about why you haven’t done things you intended to do? When you change the way you talk to yourself, your life will change.
5. Adopt an attitude of gratitude. Expressing sincere appreciation for all that you have can certainly have a positive impact on your life. Just like getting rid of clutter creates space for the good, being grateful for what you have also allows more good to come into your life. If you don’t appreciate what you have, you will not be given more. It’s that simple.
You can add to this list others things that you know would make your life better. You don’t need to do them all at once, but you do need to begin.
Isn’t it time to make the positive changes you know you want to make? If making these or any changes is a struggle for you, life coaching can definitely help. In this safe, non-judgmental space, miraculous things can happen. Visit my coaching page for more information.