Everything has an energetic vibration…every person, plant, and animal. Even every seemingly inanimate object has a vibration.
Energy flows in waves that are either fast or slow. The faster, higher frequencies are what we often refer to as good vibrations. The slower, denser frequencies are what we call bad vibrations.
We all know what it’s like to be around someone who has bad vibes. Or we have been in a place that we are anxious to get away from. And of course, we’ve also known wonderful people who we want to be around. And we’ve been in places that feel so good we want to linger.
Why is it important to understand vibration? If you’ve studied the Law of Attraction, you know that like attracts like. And so it is with our personal vibration. The vibes we send out are exactly the vibes we receive back into our lives.
For example, if we send out vibrations of love, we will get love back in return. If we send out vibes of anger, we will attract angry people into our lives.
We all have good days where our energy is high and bad days where our energy is low. The thing to remember is that we can take charge of our energy and easily shift it when we realize that we are off track.
Here are a few ways to shift your energy from a low vibration to a higher vibration:
1. Think positive thoughts. The one thing you have full control over is your thoughts. And when you have those negative thoughts running around in your head, you can pause and shift them to better ones.
2. Move your body. Shifting your physical energy automatically shifts your vibrational energy. Find some type of movement that you enjoy and that feels good. Maybe yoga or walking is your thing. Whatever it is, start doing some kind of movement on a regular basis.
3. Hang around with positive people. You have probably heard the saying that you are the average of the five people you hang around with the most. While you can’t always pick your coworkers or family members, you can pick those in your social network. Choose wisely.
4. Eat healthier foods. You don’t necessarily need to become a vegan, but it is important to give up foods that harm your health. Processed foods are among the worst. Refined sugar, alcohol, fast food, caffeine, and soda are also on the list of things to avoid or limit if want to raise your vibration. And always eat organic whenever possible.
5. Meditate. I talk about this all the time, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to you that it will help raise your vibes. As I mentioned in my last newsletter, if you are not sure how to meditate, there are many resources on Google and YouTube.
6. Spend time in nature. I’ve written about this many times too, and it’s worth repeating. Nature is healing. It is soothing. It gives you good vibes! Just get out there.
7. Shift the energy in your home or office. The spaces where you live and work absorb all the energy you put out through your thoughts and actions. And everyone who visits your space leaves behind some of their energy too. That’s why it’s important to have a space clearing at least once a year to remove the negative energy that has accumulated.
If you are looking for more information on what energy is and why it’s important to shift out the negative, check out this post. If you missed the last newsletter about ways to create a better life, you can read it here. All of those suggestions will help you raise your energy. And everything you need to know about space clearing is available here.