Whether you love it or hate it or you’re totally indifferent, Valentine’s Day is coming.
It doesn’t matter where you fall on the spectrum, there’s something in this message for you. You don’t need to have a boyfriend, husband, partner, or anyone in your life to celebrate Valentine’s Day, because this is all about YOU!
I want you to have the best Valentine’s Day ever (even if you don’t usually celebrate it), and here’s how:
1. Love yourself. Whether you have someone special in your life or not, it makes no difference. If you don’t love yourself, other relationships (with anyone and everyone) won’t work as well. Self love is not selfish; it’s self-caring. You cannot love others when you are depleted yourself. Success in every area of your life begins with and depends on your own self love.
2. Treat yourself. Don’t wait for someone to buy you special gifts. Buy them for yourself. If you love flowers, get yourself some flowers. You can find the sweetest little bouquets at Trader Joe’s for $3.99, making them affordable on a weekly basis. Or, go for the extravagant bouquets, if that’s what makes you happy.
If you enjoy fine chocolates, treat yourself to some and savor every bite.
If you love jewelry, gift yourself with jewelry. You can find beautiful pieces in every price range, so you don’t have to do without if diamonds aren’t in your budget.
3. Pamper yourself. Do you enjoy massages, facials, manicures, and pedicures? Then make an appointment and get it done. Don’t wait for someone to give you a gift certificate. You are worth it. Do it for yourself! Or may you just want to take the time to soak in a bubble bath. Do it! Whatever it is, you don’t need anyone else’s permission to indulge. Give yourself permission.
4. Move yourself. While this might not seem like a Valentine activity, it truly is one of the best ways to show yourself some love. You already know the importance of exercise, so I’m just going to remind you to do it. Daily. Even if just for a few minutes. In whatever form you like the best.
5. Nourish yourself. You also already know the importance of eating healthy, whole foods, and I’m just gonna remind you to do that on a daily basis too. But I also want you to nourish your soul. What gives you peace and comfort? From where do you draw your strength and ability to get through tough times? Do you meditate? Do you journal? I encourage you to spend more time on whatever feeds your spirit.
Now you know the secrets to having a happy Valentine’s Day…and beyond! Which of these will you implement first? Share in the comments.