Monday was Earth Day, a day for celebrating and caring for the planet on which we live.
Although the day has now passed, the need to care for our Earth never ends. This is our home and it’s critical that we take responsibility for it by tending to its needs and protecting it for ourselves and for future generations.
Here are a few simple actions you can take throughout the year to help our planet Earth:
1. Recycle as much as possible.
2. Pick up trash that others leave behind, and dispose of your own trash properly.
3. Avoid buying bottled water. Get yourself a safe, non-toxic bottle and refill it as needed with filtered water.
4. Walk whenever you can.
5. Take reusable bags to the grocery store. Or choose to not receive a bag for small items that you can carry.
6. Plant a tree.
7. Volunteer with environmental organizations.
8. Eliminate pesticides.
9. Choose to receive your bills and notifications by email rather than snail mail to conserve trees and reduce waste.
10. Don’t throw away items that still have some use. Either sell them or give them away for others to enjoy.
Sometimes it might seem like effort to take these extra steps, but they really are quite simple habits to get into. And remember that any action you take not only benefits yourself, it can also have a ripple effect on the planet.
Choose one or more now and start to make a difference today.